Friday, January 14, 2011

hot dog oasis

My back has been killing me lately. I have a curved spine apparently. So today, instead of trying to drive the z car and shifting gears and pushing two pedals and all that, I drove my scooter. It was definitely chilly today but comfortable. Very enjoyable. I went to the post office in downtown Conway to mail off some documents, went out to my scooter and tried to start it but she was dead. She wouldn't even kick start. I knew I needed a new battery for it for quite some time now so I only blame myself. I called Meishel for back up and she said she'd be back in town in 15 minutes. Across the street near "Kris Allen Stage" was this peculiar looking hot dog cart with a line of people 8 deep. Why peculiar? For one, HE SELLS SABRETT HOT DOGS! He's the only seller of Sabrett dogs and onions and mustard in Arkansas. I have missed eating a Sabrert with Sabrett onions in sauce for just shy under two years now. I lived off of them in New Jersey and loved getting one in NYC (a dirty water dog as they are locally known). Needless to say, I was in this tiny corner of heaven in the middle of downtown Conway. The second dreason this cart was weird: he is completely eco friendly. He has a huge solar panel attached that helps run his cart and radio and he uses recycled materials to serve the dogs. He is a very interesting person to converse with and the dogs were amazing. I got a "new yorker" minus kraut and a "jersey-esq-ish" to go. Both were more than delicious. He is called "Green cart deli" or "Green cart cafe." I'm sorry I don't recall the exact name of the place, but the hot dogs, solar panel, and the giant Sabrett umbrella are very hard to miss. Go check this guy out if you see him around Conway.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment